|~ Alex Kidd|
Alex Kidd is a character from the titular series.
Wiki Match-Ups So Far Edit
Possible Opponents Edit
- Captain Commando
- Konami Man (Wai Wai World)
- Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)
- Goku (Dragon Ball; as Kid Goku)
- Age: Possibly 14
- Species: Arian
- Place of Birth: Mt. Eternal
- Height: Short
- Weight: Unknown
- Alignment: Good
- Profession: Son of King Thunder, Sega's mascot (formerly), Employee of the Video Game Store (Segagaga)
- Telepathy Ball: Shows Alex what the opponent is thinking while playing Janken.
- This would maybe give Alex an advantage to predict the opponent's attacks in the battle
- Teleport Powder: Makes Alex invincible for a few seconds.
- Power Bracelet: Allows Alex to fire "Shocking Waves of Destruction" which can destroy enemies and blocks from long distances.
- Cane of Flight: Allows Alex to float or "air-walk" in any direction for a few seconds.
- Magic Capsule A: Allows Alex to summon 8 mini versions of himself which walk straight forward, hitting enemies in their way.
- Magic Capsule B: Allows Alex to create a barrier around him to protect him from 1 hit.
- Special Star: Grants Alex abilities or bonuses. (The Lost Stars)
- J (Jump Star/Jump Item): Temporarily increases Alex's jump height and distant.
- S (Cloud Shot/Shot Item/Shot 1): Temporarily allows Alex to shoot at enemies.
- S (Speed): Temporarily increased Alex's speed.
- Cape: Allows Alex to become invincible for a few seconds. Can be seen as The Enchanted Castle equivalent to Miracle World's Teleport Powder.
- Pogo Stick: Allows Alex to jump extra high into the air with a pogo stick.
- Sword: In Shinobi World, Alex can use his sword to slice enemies and chests by swinging it. He can even use it to deflect projectiles back at enemies.
- Dart: Alex can throw ninja darts to take down enemies from long distances.
- Ninja's Crystal Ball: By collecting it, Alex can perform a tornado magic as read below. (Shinobi World).
Skills & Abilities Edit
- Shellcore: A martial art that allows Alex concentrate his power in his bare fists, making him capable of breaking boulders/rocks into pieces with them being enlarged during a punch.
- Wall Jump: Alex can climb walls that are facing each other by jumping towards them constantly until he reaches the top of a wall. (Shinobi World)
- Fireball: While hanging on a street post/rope/horizontal bar, Alex has to spin too fast enough to launch himself as a flying fireball at enemies and across/through obstacles. (Shinobi World)
- Water Skip: Alex can cross a body of water by skipping on it. This prevents him from sinking. (Shinobi World)
- Tornado Magic: After collecting a ninja's crystal ball, Alex temporarily turns into an invincible tornado which also shoots smaller whirlwinds. (Shinobi World)
- Sukopako Motorcycle: Allows Alex to drive a motorcycle which is able to destroy breakable blocks and enemies. Disappears if it touches unbreakable blocks, hazards, and projectiles. Alex even used it as his vehicle in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
- Peticopter: Allows Alex to ride a small pedal-powered helicopter which can fly around and shoot projectiles. Even used as his All-Star Move in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
- Suisui Boat: Allows Alex to drive a boat which can shoot projectiles. Disappears with a single touch from blocks and enemies.
Feats & Stats Edit
- Can break boulders/rocks with ease by punching them (Strength)
- Destroyed a car by simply punching it (Strength)
- Can defeat a octopus by punching at it's tentacles (Strength)
- Reacts to lightning projectiles, fireballs, etc. (Speed)
- Dodged Ashra's flying fists (Speed)
- Can spin around a street post, a rope or a horizontal bar too fast that he turns into a flying fireball (Speed)
- Got crushed by a weight after he lost a Janken game (Durability)
- Took hits from Hanzo the Dark Ninja (Durability)
- Beat Janken the Great who's magic has affected everything on Radaxian (Skill)
- Defeated Ziggurat who stole stars and the entire constellation itself (Skill)
- Beat Ashra, who is a master of Janken and rescued his father King Thunder (Skill)
- Rescued Stella from Hanzo the Dark Ninja (Skill)
Resistances & Immunities Edit
Faults & Weaknesses Edit
- There is a homage to Alex Kidd in Altered Beast, where the names of Alex and Stella (Alex's girlfriend from the arcade version of Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars) appear on gravestones in the first round.
- Alex's face can be seen hidden in the screen in the third round of Kenseiden for the Master System. It is mold in the scenario, on the ground, near a dead end, next to a lava pit.
- One of the possible Tamagotchi creatures you can raise in Sega Saturn de Hakken!! Tamagotchi Park is based on Alex Kidd (others include Opa-Opa and Sonic).
- Alex appears several times as collectable toys in the Dreamcast game Shenmue, and the Dreamcast/Xbox sequel Shenmue II, marking the first time he ever appeared in a game for a non-Sega console.
- In the Dreamcast game Segagaga, Alex works in a video game store. He also narrates about his competition against a certain rival company's mascot and his fall from grace due to Sonic the Hedgehog's popularity, before finally being forgotten.
- Alex Kidd is an unlockable character in Sega Superstars Tennis, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. In Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing he rides the "Sukopako" motorbike from the series, and his special move involves riding the Peticopter.
- Alex Kidd has a short cameo in the 2014 anime series Hi-sCool! Seha Girls where he shows up briefly as an opponent in Virtua Fighter.
- On episode 2 of Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation, there is a statue of Alex Kidd shown in a bathroom at the school campus.
- In Project X Zone 2, Ulala from Space Channel 5 summons Alex Kidd (among other Sega characters) as part of her Solo Unit attack.